Friday, September 4, 2009

UK: Next single - I Need You Now

The next UK single is "I Need You Know" and will be released on 16th November. There will be a new version, plus remixes. It´s written by Anders Hansson and Sharon Vaughn, who also wrote "Release Me" together with Agnes.
According to wikipedia, it will also be released in Sweden.
This is sadly not a joke. I can´t see why they have made this choice, it´s actually the worste one in my opinion. Even though i think it´s a great song, but it´s not a hit-single. Also, Agnes is being promoted as a disco-diva, and "I Need You Now" is far from disco! And to release it so late? That´s just stupid, it´s a half year after "Release Me" were released.
I can´t understand what they are thinking with! I feel like this is the end in the UK for Agnes, she have had major success with "Release Me", but "I Need You Now" is going to flop.
I always thought the new single would be one of the brand new songs Agnes has recorded, but for some strange reason it isn´t.
Well let´s focus on the US & the rest of Europe now, thanks to UK for this time.
But i´m still hoping for the best, maybe it will go better than i think, time will tell!

12 comments:

  1. I presume that the single is released in mid november because Agnes is taking part in the Clubland 3 arena tour in the UK from the end of november to the beginning of december.
    Hopefully the new version of the song will sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope and want to believe this will turn out well for Agnes. It is not what I (or most others it appears) was expecting, but that doesn´t necessarily mean it is a bad thing. I was hoping for something a lot sooner, but now I will simply keep my fingers crossed I Need You Now will be huge for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like the song! but if she's going with something less uptempo she better release Sometimes I forget, GOD why they're so blind to see this song can be huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy, why are you so negative? Give it a shot and see what happens :) No need to diss the song completely. Anyhow for the future. Its is spelled choice and also, said not sad :) Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They could have redone the song completly. Making it more disco, so we just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know i´m being negative, but that´s better - because then if it will flop, i will be "prepared" you know. And happily surprised if it goes great!
    But i agree, it could be good.. I will comment more when i get to hear the new version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m actually really happy to hear it will be released in Sweden as well. A fourth single is well overdue! And here it makes sense with a ballad since we got On and On, Release Me and Love Love Love from for singles from DLP so far.
    And Tommy, this really doesn´t have to be the end of it in England, or anywhere else. Even if UK is a tough market, Agnes is way to talented and persistant to be completely dependent on one song. She has proven this in the past and will proove it again if necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m starting to get used to the idea now, but still, i will never understand how they could pick this over On and On, Love Me senseless, Big Blue Wall etc.
    The releasedate is a disaster though.
    But you´re right "Soppan" Agnes has what it takes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I uploaded that song on youtube:D
    anyway I think it is a good choice, not expected but maybe unexpectacly good

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog, and i totally agree with you. The song doesn't hit me as a song that will be sucessful. But who knows? Keep updating. I would love it if you updated more often, but i get that there isn't that many things to write about most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa: Yeah who knows!

    Elise: Thank you, well i try to update as often as i can, and of course when there is something to write about, but i think it will happen more and more around Agnes this fall, so keep following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Already noticed the UK cool cut chart? "I Need You Know" voted on the top by various deejays ...

    ===COOL CUTS CHART 17/09/09===

    TW LW Title Artist
    1 NEW I NEED YOU KNOW AGNES

    ReplyDelete