Monday, September 7, 2009

I Need You Now - My thoughts

Well i have to say, a couple of days ago i was really disappointed with this selection of the 2nd single in the UK. I thought Agnes were doomed, by this. But i have actually changed my mind about the whole thing.
Even though i think "I Need You Now" is the weakest song on the album, it´s still an amazing song! And the UK version will not be like the original at all, it´ll be more up-tempo but it will still have the beautiful strings. Someone has said that it will be a dance mix of the song.
This is good news, since i think the original is too slow to be a big hit. This also shows that the UK-label want to show Agnes versitility, by choosing a different kind of song.
But i still don´t think it will be as huge as "Release Me" (or as "On And On" would have been), but i´m hoping for it to at least reach the top10 in the singlechart.
What happened to the new song/songs is still a mystery, hopefully we´ll get more info about them later on.
I still think the releasedate is terrible though, 16th November, it´s a long time since "Release Me" were released. I really think October would be a much better time to release it!
At least it should be released to radio and Tv sometime in October.
Well, i´m very excited to hear how the new version will sound like, how the musicvideo will look like and what they come up with for the cover.

2 comments:

  1. Think about sad and said :P It´s two very different things.

    I think the label in UK hope to have lucky with "I Need You Know" when people shopping for christmas. It´s hard to explain but I think they have a plan when they release it in november.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, fixed that now!

    Well, i think it´s a bad plan! ;P

    ReplyDelete