Monday, May 11, 2009

Song of the week - Release Me

The first "Song of the week" is of course the superhit "Release Me", which is the first single from Agnes that will be released in most of the countries she is promoting herself in. "Release Me" is one of 4 songs on "Dance Love Pop" that Agnes has written togheter with Anders Hansson and Sharon Vaughn. It was the second single from "Dance Love Pop" in Sweden, and peaked at #9 in Swedish hitlist. On a heavy list called "Tracks" it placed at number one!
To date the song has peaked at #12 in Belgium, #97 in Russia and #6 in Denmark, hopefully that list will be much longer soon. "Release Me" is without a doubt one of Agnes´s strongest songs ever, and i´m sure that it will go to music history!


Lyrics:

Release me Release my body I know it's wrong So why am I with you now I say release me 'Cause I'm not able to Convince myself That I'm better off without you
Yeah, it's perfectly clear That it's not what you need I tell you that I don't care But I don't want to Anything that you say I hear myself agree And I don't recognize What i've turned into I don't know why I want you so 'Cause I don't need the heart break I don't know what addictive hold You have on me I can't shake No, I'm not in control So let me go
Release me Release my body I know it's wrong So why do I keep coming back I say release me 'Cause I'm not able to Convince myself That I'm better off without you
I could sleep by myself you would burn me alive Find me somebody else But I don't want to Try to leave out the love That goes againt the grain But I can rationalize it If I have to I don't know why I want you so 'Cause I don't need the heart break I don't know what addictive hold You have on me I can't shake No, I'm not in control So let me go
Release me Release my body I know it's wrong So why do I keep coming back I say release me 'Cause I'm not able to Convince myself That I'm better off without you Im not in control, so let me go Release me Release my body I know it's wrong So why do I keep coming back I say release me 'Cause I'm not able to Convince myself That I'm better off without you
Release me Release my body I know it's wrong So why do I keep coming back I say release me 'Cause I'm not able to Convince myself That I'm better off without you

No comments:

Post a Comment